Marble is very neat and good looking surface.
It is used in many ways to from kitchen tops to bathroom tiles and patio floors. Cleaning it is not an easy job. It will catch stains and colors easily. Some will sink deep in and remain there whatever you do.
First thing to know about marble is never use acid solutions.
Even the tiniest amount of acid could and will damage the marble.
Do not forget it is a natural stone, but not synthetic material.
Do not treat with washing up liquid but rather a kind, soft foaming detergent. Use of any scrubbers must be avoided at all times. This will only mark the surface and make it even more vulnerable to dirt.